Welcome!

Hi Readers,

I have now finished this blog but feel free to read on and take a look at the posts and photos. Have a look on the left of the page for a monthly archive of older posts, listed by month, as this front page has only the most recent posts.

If you would like to see more I am at www.agreenmoon.com

Love to you!
Sarah

Friday 3 August 2012

Exploring

Went for a run this morning, my favourite type when you have no route planned. From our site I went to the main (not very) road to find a lorry wedged on the right corner so that took me up the left turning past another campsite and out onto a gravel track. I found an access point to part of the 'walk of peace' a trail that covers a large area of this valley as it was the main austrian/hungarian defence against Italy in WW1. I didn't want to climb a mountain so headed down the track, I could hear the river below and thought our campsite was not far on the other side. I then came to a bridge over the river, one of those lovely creaky, wobbly wooden ones. Have to admit to walking carefully over this not running! On the other side there were steps leading up and out at a old concrete bunker. Turning left I found more vans and tents and what was the back of our campsite! That was about 20mins so I did it all again, meeting more runners and walkers this time...a few friendly dobre de's (hello).

We're packing up at Kobarid this morning and heading south, we'll probably stop at another part of the walk of peace to see one of the outdoor museums. The border wall in Nova Gorica, a town south of here only came down in 2004 and it's a town half in Slovenia and half in Italy.

Here's some pictures from this morning...

No comments:

Post a Comment